Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lost in Translation

After graduating from college, I sat down with my brother to reminisce about our respective educations.
"S0" he said, "You've been going to Jewish school for 17 years. Nearly two decades of Jewish education... So speak some Hebrew."
"No," I hesitated. "I don't want to."
"Come on, do it!" he insisted.
"No."
"Let's hear some Hebrew! Hebrew, come on! Hebrew!!"
And I sputterd out the first Hebrew that came to mind:
"Oo-lie cookie vagina."
For those of you unaccostomed to the language of the slaves,
Translated into English that means "Maybe, cookie vagina."

17 year of Hebrew book learnin', and that is what it comes down to:
"Maybe, cookie vagina."
I couldn't even DECIDE!
"MAYBE cookie, vagina."

... Come to think of it, that is a tough decision...
Both are moist, addictive, and leave your hands all messy.
And if you eat too much of either, you'll need innoculations later on.

No comments: